Thursday, January 24, 2013

Post Op Visit

Hello all, it's been a few days. Let me catch you up.

Tuesday was one week since surgery. I got to move up from thin liquids to full liquids. Cream of wheat has never tasted so good! I can have yogurt and sugar free pudding and some soups. Tuesday evening I ate too much tomato soup and that was bad! I ended up feeling crummy all night. So, now I know what too much feels like.

Wednesday I did much better at eating every 2 hours or so. I tried a protein shake, the same ones I was drinking pre-op, and YUCK. I couldn't get past the taste. It was thick and heavy and horrible. I can't wait to get to the scrambled eggs stage.

Today I had my check up. I got there at 1:50 for a 2:00 appointment. The doctor was way late due to emergency surgery. I got yo sit and chat with 2 other ladies that started this process the same time as I did. It's nice to see them and ask questions that no one else really understands. I gave them my business card to email me. Anyway, saw the doc about 4. Even he was a bit shocked to see I had lost 23lbs since I was last there on the 3rd. His words were "You are doing awesome. Maybe one of the best so far". That sure made it feel like all my hard work was worth it!

Anyway, I stopped by Panera Bread and got a cup of broccoli cheddar for dinner and a potato soup for tomorrow. Yum.

The question of "Did you tell everyone, or just some people"?
The other ladies were surprised I have told everyone and even sharing it with the world. Here is my why.
1. I have an amazing family. They all love and support me and pray for me. They all accept me as the fat girl and love me anyway. I have no doubts they will love me as the thin girl too.
2. I have wonderful friends. I really couldn't have done this without all of you. I have had several meals provided so I didn't have to cook. That is a true blessing. My friends have checked in on me, given me hint on good protein shakes, sent over new healthy meal plans to try later, stopped by to keep me company, watched kids, and even helped clean my house. WOW. I am so blessed.
3. Last, I have always been an open book kinda person. I really hope at least one person learns from me. No matter how big or small, I pray that my story will inspire others to get healthy. I decided I couldn't do it alone and the band will be a life long tool for me. However you decide is up to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment