Thursday, January 17, 2013

It's The New Me!

Well I'm home. Came home on Tuesday after surgery. I am blessed to have an amazing husband through this. My mom took the girls out to dinner.

The first night was rough. My core feels like it has been run over by an eighteen wheeler. I had to have help each time I got in and or our of bed. I was up and walking the halls often to keep the gas moving. By daylight I was getting out of bed alone.

Wednesday Brian took the day off and we stayed in our jammies and hung out on the couch and watched movies. I slept most of the day. For dinner a friend from church made the family chicken, mashed potatoes, salad and brownies. My family loved it and had seconds.

Today I'm doing even better. I slept well last night. I was only up twice, but didn't take pain meds. This morning I was I was in much pain. But after meds and a nap I took my first shower. It was lovely.

As far as my appetite, there is none. I even finish an ice pop or a jello cup in one sitting. I'm getting fluids. Peppermint tea and pink lemonade made with splenda are my best friends.

Thanks again for all the prayers. I feel so loved and supported.

No comments:

Post a Comment